Friday, September 27, 2013

Letter 1: Arriving

Mason's first letter: 


Hey mom! Well after an incredibly long and boring flight I made it to airport. From the beginning we had our 5 hour layover in LA, then we left at 2 for Peru, Lima. Then we went off to Santiago. we arrived finally there at 5 in the morning and then proceeded to wait till 10 am at the airport for other missionaries to arrive. Long story short, I'm glad that part is over! So, it turns out that I'm going to be staying at a mission home instead of the MTC itself. This place is really neat and it used to be a emissary home for Sweden. This is where I will sleep and have some of my missionary training, then part of the day they´ll take us to the MTC for training there. Anyway, I kind of had a mini freak out attack today and was seriously doubting myself, but I'm assuming part of that was nerves, and that fact that you guys are too amazing for your own good, so its that much harder leaving you. Seriously, that will be the hardest part, but all I do is think about you as my family and the things you've said to me. It really helps and calms me down. I miss you all so so so much! It's a little early to say "I cant wait to see you again" but its true.I really love you all more than you know, i'm so grateful and blessed to have you all in my life, and coming to realize that more and more the more time I'm away.  It'll take getting used to, but it is worth it, and I know I shouldn't be anywhere else.
EVERYTHING is now in Spanish and I feel like a total foreigner (which I am..but whateves). Total immersion I guess. Right now we are learning our missionary purpose or (objectivo come missionario es...). I don't really understand it but hopefully that'll come. The spirit is strong here, and the Elders and Sisters are nice and all seem pretty bright. Most everyone who came with me down here is going to the Santiago east mission and then about 8 of us are going to Vina. (all together there were about 30 of us). I´ll be in the MTC for 6 weeks starting today. And then off to the field! I know that this step in necessary but i wish i could just know Spanish and get out there already.
Please tell the family Hey!  Ill be emailing more soonish, they just aren't letting have a lot of time. I love you all tons. I miss you and I hope everyone is doing great there. Let me know what everyone is up to and let them know i have my email set up. :) Mom, really quickly I just wanted to thank you for everything you´ve done for me..I cant express in words how lucky I am to have you as a mom, and dad as my father. You both have set an amazing example for me, I hope that ill be able to be as great as you two. I love you mom, and dad, and family (if you're reading this). I'll write again soon.
P.s. NICHOLE keep my info updated on fb please, thanks for being the best sister on earth, ever, in the universe.
Alright bye guys, I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment